Friday, January 1, 2010

A new year, a new start

Back from the 4 day 3 night band camp. (:
No more sleeping in sleeping bags on the hard ground. No more bathing in cold water. No more being woken up by a bass drum, though throughout the 3 nights I woke myself up, it shocked/irritated me. Overall, it was a band camp you can expect, except that it was a lil different this time because I'm no longer with the band, marching from formations to formations. It's like a feeling of being left out somehow..

Anyway, I've always thought that being in pit percussion section was chicken feat until I experienced it myself. One of the many problems that's really frustrating is to move the instruments around.. Ahmad has already moved over to marching percussion so there're only 2 guys and 5 girls left, plus Carmel who was helping out a whole lot. Thanks. (: Whenever we had to move up or down the staircase, we definitely needed help cos we were too weak and can't do without those helpers. I find it really nice of those really kind people that bothered to help us even though they're not from our section. Sigh. I can't stand up while carrying the xylophone, not to mention the marimba.. Carmel and I were trying to be independent but it shows, we can't. Basically, we were trying to carry the marimba down to the first floor, we managed to lift it up but..... it slanted to the right and soon, it toppled down..... ): Luckily nothing's wrong with it after that incident. I'm still not used to standing so long while playing the instrument. After some time, my heels will feel as though it were burning up and it hurts. I'll hope I'll get used to it soon. The sun, yes, we still have to face the sun, it's the same. I'm a lil tanner than usual now, I don't mind but the tanning is uneven. O-O HAHAHAHA! Owell.. I don't expect much anyway.. (: Oh, yes, the angklung people joined us during the camp for lesser than a day and... they're reallyreally friendly, three girls especially, Amanda and Liana(?) and Shab..(?). Uhoh, I forgotten the third girl's name, but I remember her telling me that I should remember her name by 'Shabby', hahahaha, they disturb me like crazy in the fun way. (: They learn really quickly and refuse to give up. Right now, they're one of the reasons that I'm happy being in pit percussion. I can't wait until the next time we can play our instruments with them again, the following Thursday? :D

Oh yes, as it was the 31st of December that the band camp ended, 1st January was right after that day, so yeah, even though I was already worn out, regardless, I still had to go for countdown because I was already looking forward to it from so long.Went home, and got ready to go out. Ebi was waiting so long for me, he said he gave me up to 8, that's why. X: Had dinner at mac and went to marina bay for countdown after that. (: We were like camping at one corner... HAHAHAHA. Eventually, the clock striked twelve and there I was with Ebi right beside me, admiring the fireworks display, surrounded by bangladeshees, everywhere. Wow. *Cough. Coconut oil? Okay, though there was this stupid tree in front of me, blocking the fireworks, I could still see most of the whole display, it was beautiful, but that wasn't the thing... (: After it all ended, went into the MRT and it was FLOODED with people. Omg. Most of them were... -_-. It was damn stuffy and smelly. Finally we got into the train and I dozed off, Ebi couldn't due to some reasons. :p So yeah, Ebi sent me home. The end. :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments:

Post a Comment